Correctional Officers Recruitment & Guidelines

Information pertaining to employment with the San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.

Moderators: SADCR High Command Staff, [REU] — Command, [REU] — Senior Recruitment Officer, [REU] — Recruitment Officer

SADCR
SADCR Official
SADCR Official
LS-RP Forum Name:   

Correctional Officers Recruitment & Guidelines

Post by SADCR » June 21st, 2016, 8:38 pm

CORRECTIONAL OFFICER APPLICATION GUIDELINES

• The San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (SADCR) provides custody and correctional services to the State of San Andreas. Its mission is to promote a safer community by ensuring the security of institutions while providing proper care and supervision to assist offenders in re-entering society. By joining SADCR you will become part of a group of hardworking, dedicated men and women committed to ensuring public safety throughout San Andreas.

SADCR offers promising, challenging career with a large variety of opportunities. The SADCR employs officers trained in working together with canines to detect contraband, medical professionals charged with providing healthcare in the facility, parole agents responsible with supervision of parolees and many more. All required training and educations are paid for by the Department.

Besides the many career and promotional opportunities, the SADCR also offers additional benefits to its employees: in addition to flexible schedules and full healthcare and dental insurance, Correctional Officers are also provided with paid holiday and sick leave, personalized retirement plans and a starting salary of $40,560 annually.

For more information on the San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, and our mission and values, please visit our website.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
  • Citizenship: United States citizen;
  • Language: be able to speak and write English fluently;
  • Education: equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade; a high school diploma, GED equivalent, or higher;
  • Licenses: valid San Andreas driver's license;
  • Personal characteristics: good moral character, maturity and emotional stability, empathy, along with a history of clean, law-abiding behavior;
  • Background: not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, nor have received a termination of employment from any of the Law Enforcement Agencies of the United States;
  • Physical requirements: 20/20 vision in each eye (in case of corrected vision/lenses, applicant must indicate so before the medical evaluation), able to pass the medical evaluation (see below) and obstacle course of the academy session.
  • (( Must be able to write English fluently; ))
  • (( Must be able to run TeamSpeak 3; ))
  • (( Must not have any serious recent admin jails or bans; ))
  • (( Must not have been recently denied from the LSPD or LSSD; ))
  • (( Must have at least one character with level 5 or higher (not necessarily the one an applicant is applying with); ))
  • (( Must have a general, usable grasp of how LS-RP operates as a community (~1 month spent playing in this community), and/or how SACF functions as a roleplaying environment. ))

ACADEMY PROCESS INFORMATION
  • The Academy Process of the San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation consists of several stages in which applicants are evaluated, trained and prepared to conduct their duties as Correctional Officers in accordance with the Department guidelines. The Academy Process is composed as follows:
    • CORRECTIONAL OFFICER APPLICATION — STAGE 0
      The selection process starts with a review of each applicant's Correctional Officer Application, to identify those who appear to possess the relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of a correctional officer. Applicants who successfully pass this step will be required to complete the Qualifications and Motivations Essay (QME).
    • CADET EVALUATIONS — STAGE 1
      Applicants whose execution of the QME is deemed satisfactory advance to Stage 1, where they are appointed as Cadets. Stage 1 consists of evaluations which aim at establishing if Cadets are suitable for employment as Correctional Officers. The Verbal Interview (VI) allow the Department to ensure that Cadets meet all the minimum qualifications required to be appointed to a Correctional Officer position.
    • SERVICE TRAINING — STAGE 2
      Cadets who successfully pass both evaluations are allowed to Stage 2, where they are provided with both theoretical as well as practical training. In addition to Department policy and basic protocols, Cadets are also trained in use of force techniques and are taught how to handle the duty equipment. The final step of Stage 2 is the Correctional Officer Exam (COE).
    • INDUCTION — STAGE 3
      Successful completion of the COE allows Cadets to be inducted in the Department. The induction ceremony is usually held at the San Andreas Correctional Facility, where Cadets are officially appointed Correctional Officers and receive their SADCR badge from the Warden of SACF or their designee.
    (( The whole recruitment process is done in character and in game. The only exception are written tests, which are not held in game. TeamSpeak 3 voice chat is not used during the SADCR Academy Process. )).

APPLICATION FILING INSTRUCTIONS
  • All applications shall be filed in digital copy in the Recruitment Section of the San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation website. The Department does not accept hard copies of applications. (( New post in the Recruitment Section Board. ))

Dates shall follow the United States military format and written as DD/MMM/YYYY (i.e. 21/JUL/2018).

All fields of the application shall be compiled. Failure to do so may result in the application being denied. "N/A" shall be used for fields that do not apply.

(( ACADEMY TIPS ))
  • All applications are digital copies sent to the Recruitment & Evaluation Unit on the Recruitment section of the San Andreas Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation website. Likewise, all replies are in digital copy;
  • All applications are not publicly visible or available. Law enforcement agencies may know of the requests' existence if these agencies are referenced in any way;
  • All applications may be edited before it is forwarded, since they are locked afterwards. The application you submit is considered to be final, until/unless you are instructed to edit it (indicated by [PENDING]);
  • All applications shall include effort in all fields of the respective formats. Failure to show effort will result in denial and might be considered as attempting to withhold information;
  • All forum names shall follow the Firstname_Lastname format. Namechanges can be required on the Forum Namechange topic;
  • All forum users are allowed to possess only ONE (1) and not more forum accounts. Refer to the Forum Namechange topic for a namechange;
  • Do not use NPC characters as reason to apply (e.g.: "my father was working for SADCR"). This does not apply to real, existing characters employed by SADCR;
  • Do not roleplay your character having a higher education (e.g. degree in law) without no OOC knowledge to back it up. It's entirely acceptable and not at all unrealistic or uncommon for correctional officers to only have a GED;
  • Proper terminology shall be used throughout the academy process; usage of prison guards in lieu of correctional officers or SACF in lieu of SADCR is heavily frowned upon and is grounds for OOC denial;
  • Make sure to list all characters and all admin records belonging;
  • Make sure to meet minimum words count in questions required them. Failure to meet minimum word count is grounds for denial regardless of the rightness of the answer;
  • Make sure that all BBcodes are working correctly by using the preview feature before submitting your application. Applications may be submitted at any time, which means edits will not be accepted after it has been forwarded.

CORRECTIONAL OFFICER APPLICATION FORMAT
  • Subject:

Code: Select all

[CO] Firstname Lastname
    Format:

Code: Select all

[divbox=white][center][img]https://i.imgur.com/NJICxwg.png[/img]
    [size=130][b]CORRECTIONAL OFFICER APPLICATION[/b][/size][/center][line][/line]
    [color=transparent][SPACER][/color]
    [divbox=#376738][color=#FFFFFF]A. PERSONAL INFORMATION[/color][/divbox]
    [list=none][b]A1.[/b] Forename:
    [b]A2.[/b] Surname:
    [b]A3.[/b] Middle Name:

[b]A4.[/b] Date of Birth: 
    [b]A5.[/b] Place of Birth:

[b]A6.[/b] Gender: [ ] Male [ ] Female
    [b]A7.[/b] Ethnicity: [ ] Caucasian [ ] African American [ ] Hispanic [ ] Middle Eastern [ ] Asian [ ] Other

[b]A8.[/b] Legal Address:
    [b]A9.[/b] Contact Number:
    [b]A10.[/b] Contact Email:

[b]A11.[/b] Citizenship: [ ] United States citizen [ ] Naturalized citizen [ ] Legal alien [ ] U.S. citizenship applicant [ ] None of the above

[b]A12.[/b] Languages spoken: [ ] English [ ] Spanish [ ] Japanese [ ] Chinese [ ] Russian [ ] Korean [ ] Vietnamese [ ] Arabic [ ] Other: [i]Specify[/i][/list]
    [divbox=#376738][color=#FFFFFF]B. LICENSE INFORMATION[/color][/divbox]
    [list=none][b]B1.[/b] Do you possess a valid driver's license? [ ] Yes [ ] No

[b]B2.[/b] Do you possess a license to purchase a firearm (PF)? [ ] Yes [ ] No

[b]B3.[/b] Do you possess a license to carry a concealed weapon (CCW)? [ ] Yes [ ] No

[b]B4.[/b] Have any of the above licenses ever been suspended and/or revoked? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    [b]B5.[/b] If yes, please explain: 
    [list=none]<Text here>[/list][/list]
    [divbox=#376738][color=#FFFFFF]C. EXPERIENCE AND EMPLOYMENT[/color][/divbox]
    [list=none]List all previous employment you have had in the forms below, including self-employment, part-time and full-time jobs, temporary and volunteer work and internships. If more space is required, attach additional forms as necessary.

[b]C1.[/b] Employment History:
    [list=none]Company Name:
    Job Title / Rank:
    Reason for leaving:

Company Name:
    Job Title/Rank:
    Reason for leaving:[/list]
    [b]C2.[/b] Have you ever been disciplined at work? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    [b]C3.[/b] If yes, please explain: 
    [list=none]<Text here>[/list]

[b]C4.[/b] Have you served in the United States Armed Forces? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    [b]C5.[/b] If yes, fill the form below:
    [list=none]Branch: Army / Marines / Navy / Air Force / Coast Guard
    Military Occupational Specialty Code:
    [/list]

[b]C6.[/b] Have you served in a law enforcement agency? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    [b]C7.[/b] If yes, fill the form below:
    [list=none]Name of agency:
    Rank / Position:
    Reason for leaving:[/list]

[b]C8.[/b] Have you ever applied for SADCR? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    [b]C9.[/b] If yes, indicate the Academy number: Academy #<number>
    [b]C10.[/b] If yes, indicate the outcome of your application: [list=none][ ] Failed Qualifications and Motivations Essay
    [ ] Failed Verbal Interview
    [ ] Failed Correctional Officer Exam
    [ ] Withdrew Application 
    [ ] Other: [i]Specify[/i][/list][/list]
    [divbox=#376738][color=#FFFFFF]D. EDUCATION[/color][/divbox]
    [list=none][b]D1.[/b] Do you possess a High School Diploma, General Education Diploma or its equivalent? [ ] Yes [ ] No

[b]D2.[/b] List of High School(s) attended:
    [list=none]Name of High School:
    Address:
    Highest Grade / Year Completed:
    [/list][b]D3.[/b] List of Colleges and Universities attended:
    [list=none]Name of College/University:
    Address:
    Type of Degree:
    Major / Area of Study:[/list][/list]
    [divbox=#376738][color=#FFFFFF]E. CERTIFICATION[/color][/divbox]
    [list=none]I certify that all the information provided by me in connection with my application, whether on this document or not, is true and complete, and I understand that any misstatement, falsification, or omission of information may be grounds for refusal to hire or, if hired, termination of employment. 

I understand that as a condition of employment, I will be required to provide legal proof of authorization to work in the U.S. 

I understand that SADCR will check with law enforcement agencies for any criminal history in accordance with applicable statutes. 

I authorize any of the persons or organizations referenced in this application to give you any and all information concerning my previous employment, education, or any other information they might have, personal or otherwise, with regard to any of the subjects covered by this application, and I release all such parties from all liability from any damages which may result from furnishing such information to you.

This application for employment shall be considered active for a period of time not to exceed 14 days. Any applicant wishing to be considered for employment beyond this time period should inquire as to whether or not applications are being accepted at that time.

APPLICANT SIGNATURE: [i]SIGNATURE_HERE[/i]
    DATE: [i]DATE_HERE[/i][/list]
    [divbox=#376738][color=#FFFFFF](( F. OOC INFORMATION ))[/color][/divbox]
    [list=none][b]F1.[/b] Timezone:
    [b]F2.[/b] Age:
    [b]F3.[/b] Gender:

[b]F4.[/b] Screenshot of the in-game statistics (/stats) of the character you are applying with: [url=picture_url_here]ACCESS[/url]

[b]F5.[/b] List of all current characters and past character names, current levels and name of current faction:

[spoiler="Character 1."]
    (CURRENT) Firstname_Lastname — Level X — Current Faction's Name
    char1_previous_name_1
    char1_previous_name_2
    char1_previous_name_3
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler="Character 2."]
    (CURRENT) Firstname_Lastname — Level X — Current Faction's Name
    char2_previous_name_1
    char2_previous_name_2
    char2_previous_name_3
    [/spoiler]

[b]F6.[/b] List and link of all current and past LSRP forums accounts:
    [spoiler1][list=1][*] [url=account_url_here]FORUM_ACCOUNT_NAME[/url]
    [*][url=account_url_here]FORUM_ACCOUNT_NAME[/url][/list][/spoiler1]
    [b]F7.[/b] List and link of screenshots of all admin records:
    [spoiler1][list=1][*] [url=picture_url_here]Screenshot #1[/url]
    [*][url=picture_url_here]Screenshot #2[/url][/list][/spoiler1]
    [b]F8.[/b] Have you ever attempted to join other factions (including SADCR)? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    [b]F9.[/b] If yes, fill the form below:
    [spoiler1][list=1][*] Name Surname — Faction — Date — Reason for leaving / not completing recruitment
    [*]Name Surname — Faction — Date — Reason for leaving / not completing recruitment[/list][/spoiler1]

[b]F10.[/b] Are you currently a member of another official faction? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    [b]F11.[/b] If yes, provide a link to SADCR Double Faction permission: [url=url_here_from_this_forum]ACCESS[/url]

[b]F12.[/b] Do you have a microphone? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    [b]F13.[/b] Do you have TeamSpeak 3 and are you prepared to use it? [ ] Yes [ ] No

[b]F14.[/b] Have you ever roleplayed in SACF? [ ] Yes [ ] No
    [b]F15.[/b] If yes, tell us your experiences:
    [list=none]<Text here>[/list]

[b]F16.[/b] Why do you want to join the faction? Explain your reason(s) in at least 100 words: 
    [list=none]<Text here>[/list][/list][/divbox]

CORRECTIONAL OFFICER APPLICATION (EXAMPLE)
  • [+] EXAMPLE APPLICATION
    CORRECTIONAL OFFICER APPLICATION

[SPACER]
    A. PERSONAL INFORMATION
    • A1. Forename: John
      A2. Surname: Doe
      A3. Middle Name: N/A

A4. Date of Birth: 10/JAN/1992 (DD/MMM/YYYY)
      A5. Place of Birth: Los Santos, Los Santos, San Andreas (City, County, Country)

A6. Gender: [X] Male [ ] Female
      A7. Ethnicity: [X] Caucasian [ ] African American [ ] Hispanic [ ] Middle Eastern [ ] Asian [ ] Other

A8. Legal Address: 465 Example Street, Palomino Creek, Red County 835, San Andreas (( It is an example. Your address is obtained through /myhouse or /streetname. ))
      A9. Contact Number: 1234-987
      A10. Contact Email: [email protected]

A11. Citizenship: [X] United States citizen [ ] Naturalized citizen [ ] Legal alien [ ] U.S. citizenship applicant [ ] None of the above

A12. Languages spoken: [X] English [ ] Spanish [ ] Japanese [ ] Chinese [ ] Russian [ ] Korean [ ] Vietnamese [ ] Arabic [ ] Other: Specify
    B. LICENSE INFORMATION
    • B1. Do you possess a valid driver's license? [X] Yes [ ] No

B2. Do you possess a license to purchase a firearm (PF)? [ ] Yes [X] No

B3. Do you possess a license to carry a concealed weapon (CCW)? [ ] Yes [X] No

B4. Have any of the above licenses ever been suspended and/or revoked? [ ] Yes [X] No
      B5. If yes, please explain:
      • N/A
    C. EXPERIENCE AND EMPLOYMENT
    • List all previous employment you have had in the forms below, including self-employment, part-time and full-time jobs, temporary and volunteer work and internships. If more space is required, attach additional forms as necessary.

C1. Employment History:
      • Company Name: Example Company
        Job Title / Rank: Example Rank
        Reason for leaving: Example reason (e.g.: Moved to a different city)

Company Name: N/A
        Job Title/Rank: N/A
        Reason for leaving: N/A
      C2. Have you ever been disciplined at work? [ ] Yes [X] No
      C3. If yes, please explain:
      • N/A
      C4. Have you served in the United States Armed Forces? [ ] Yes [X] No
      C5. If yes, fill the form below:
      • Branch: Army / Marines / Navy / Air Force / Coast Guard
        Military Occupational Specialty Code:
      C6. Have you served in a law enforcement agency? [ ] Yes [X] No
      C7. If yes, fill the form below:
      • Name of agency:
        Rank / Position:
        Reason for leaving:
      C8. Have you ever applied for SADCR? [ ] Yes [X] No
      C9. If yes, indicate the Academy number: Academy #<number>
      C10. If yes, indicate the outcome of your application:
      • [ ] Failed Qualifications and Motivations Essay
        [ ] Failed Verbal Interview
        [ ] Failed Correctional Officer Exam
        [ ] Withdrew Application
        [ ] Other: Specify
    D. EDUCATION
    • D1. Do you possess a High School Diploma, General Education Diploma or its equivalent? [X] Yes [ ] No

D2. List of High School(s) attended:
      • Name of High School: Example High School
        Address: Example Address
        Highest Grade / Year Completed: Example Grade / Year Completed
      D3. List of Colleges and Universities attended:
      • Name of College/University: Example College/University
        Address: Example Address
        Type of Degree: Example Type of Degree
        Major / Area of Study: Example Area of Study

(( Please note the following:

Do not roleplay your character having a degree in law or anything similar, if you do not have the OOC knowledge to back it up. It's entirely acceptable and not at all unrealistic or uncommon for correctional officers to only have a GED. ))
    E. CERTIFICATION
    • I certify that all the information provided by me in connection with my application, whether on this document or not, is true and complete, and I understand that any misstatement, falsification, or omission of information may be grounds for refusal to hire or, if hired, termination of employment.

I understand that as a condition of employment, I will be required to provide legal proof of authorization to work in the U.S.

I understand that SADCR will check with law enforcement agencies for any criminal history in accordance with applicable statutes.

I authorize any of the persons or organizations referenced in this application to give you any and all information concerning my previous employment, education, or any other information they might have, personal or otherwise, with regard to any of the subjects covered by this application, and I release all such parties from all liability from any damages which may result from furnishing such information to you.

This application for employment shall be considered active for a period of time not to exceed 14 days. Any applicant wishing to be considered for employment beyond this time period should inquire as to whether or not applications are being accepted at that time.

APPLICANT SIGNATURE: John Doe
      DATE: DD/MMM/YYYY
    (( F. OOC INFORMATION ))
    • F1. Timezone: GMT+X
      F2. Age: 10
      F3. Gender: Male

F4. Screenshot of the in-game statistics (/stats) of the character you are applying with: ACCESS

You replace "picture_url_here" with an URL to your screenshot. We recommend using http://imgur.com

F5. List of all current characters and past character names, current levels and name of current faction:
      [+] Character 1.
      (CURRENT NAME) Jane_Doe - Level 12 - Armenian Power 13
      Kurt_Weller
      Audrey_Esparza

You namechanged this character three times, thus you list three names.
      [+] Character 2.
      (CURRENT NAME) Sam_Pellington - Level 1 - N/A

Since the character's name hasn't been changed since its registration, you write the above said. You also can add more spoilers if you have more than two characters.
      F6. List and link of all current and past LSRP forums accounts:
      [+] Spoiler
      1. Department of Corrections
      2. FORUM_ACCOUNT_NAME
      You replace "account_url_here" with the URL to the forum account. You may use more [ * ]'s should you have more than two forum accounts.
      F7. List and link of screenshots of all admin records:
      [+] Spoiler
      1. Screenshot #1
      2. Screenshot #2
      Replace "picture_url_here" with the link to the image. The easiest way to take a picture of these (besides using gyazo or puush) is simply pressing the Printscreen button, Ctrl+V in Paint, and cropping the image so it only contains the admin record - then uploading the cropped image.) Keep in mind that we require admin records for every single character you have (so all names you posted in OOC Q5), not just the one you are applying with. If you cannot access certain characters (different UCP account, for example), then note this down in this spoiler. You may add more [ * ]'s should you have more than two characters.
      F8. Have you ever attempted to join other factions (including SADCR)? [X] Yes [ ] No
      F9. If yes, fill the form below:
      [+] Spoiler
      1. LSSD, James Carter, 03/NOV/2015, failed final exam
        SADCR, Jonathan Blake, 15/JAN/2014, Resignation
      Note that recently failing to join LSPD/LSSD is a reason for denial, as it's seen as faction hopping. Recently leaving said factions on good terms (resigning from them) will not result in a denial, unless there are additional circumstances.
      F10. Are you currently a member of another official faction? [X] Yes [ ] No
      F11. If yes, provide a link to SADCR Double Faction permission: ACCESS (Random example)

F12. Do you have a microphone? [ ] Yes [X] No
      F13. Do you have TeamSpeak 3 and are you prepared to use it? [X] Yes [ ] No

Having a microphone is not a must, but being able and willing to run TeamSpeak 3 is — it's used for squad organization (you can mute people most of the time).

F14. Have you ever roleplayed in SACF? [X] Yes [ ] No
      F15. If yes, tell us your experiences:
      • Yes, I've interacted with both inmates and members of SADCR. I found the environment of SACF agreeable and wish to RP in prison more.
      F16. Why do you want to join the faction? Explain your reason(s) in at least 100 words:
      • Simply explain why you wish to join the faction, what made you aware of prison roleplay/SADCR, etc. Please note that applying to SADCR in order to later "advance" to PD or SD, will result in automatic denial. If this is your reason for joining, it might be a good idea to reconsider applying at all.